15 September 2009

In and out of Philly

Hello all. The time of my departure has finally arrived. Tomorrow, I'll report to the Race Street Hampton Inn in Philadelphia for Peace Corps staging. After an afternoon session and an early morning series of nasty vaccinations, I'll take a bus to JFK airport and fly to Yaounde, Cameroon via Brussels at 4:45 on Thursday.

Since I last posted, I've been hanging out in Philadelphia and New York, saying some last goodbyes to friends. I don't really have any other news to report.

Stay posted for my first posts from Cameroon really soon.

If I don't have your mailing address, please email it to me pronto. Mine is in the left-hand column.

4 comments:

  1. On the home front...16 September, 2009

    We are going to miss you SO much. Stay in touch and be safe. Always draw the best hippopotamus pictures you can!! ;-) Love always, M and D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard,
    We're so excited for you! The PC will always be an important part of your being! Godspeed!!
    Love Aunt Maryanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mother called me at about 8:30 the last night you were in Philadelphia. Kim and I were going to try to run over to see you, but alas our call to your room at the Hampton Inn went unanswered. :-(

    We hope your experiences will be all you hope for. Kim's college boyfriend has been in the Phillipines since last August. You may want to take a peak at his blog at some point to compare notes. He's at dangreenland.blogspot.com.

    Love,
    Mrs. Clanet, Kim, et al

    ReplyDelete